18 Mountain View, Irvine, CA 92603 | Home: 949 854 3799 / Cell: 714 812 1987 | E-Mail:
Experienced bilingual architect/land developer with demonstrated skills in construction management and supervision, budget/cost control, cost estimating, value engineering, contract negotiations, quality control, scheduling, design and planning. Strong leadership skills in all levels of real estate development, strategic forward planning, and business development.
Marriott International, Inc. 2008
Architecture & Construction Division Newport Beach, CA
CFRST Corporate Managed Properties
Director, Project Management
Provided project management services for assigned projects on an established schedule within approved budget and to standards agreed with the client. Scheduled and held budget control of all consultants during the due diligence process of selected brands such as Renaissance Club Sport hotels in the western region. Interfaced with Marriott Development, supported feasibility, provided local construction costs, and assisted in pre-site selections of premier hotel locations.
• El Segundo Renaissance Club Sport Hotel
• San Jose Renaissance Club Sport Hotel
• Roseville Renaissance Club sport Hotel
• Courtyard & Residence Inn – Due Diligence site investigation
AJM Consultants Inc 2004 - 2007
President Irvine, CA
Independent Resort Consultant for various land developers both in the U.S. and Mexico. Provided support services in land acquisition, land due diligence, land planning, performance/cost evaluation, and strategic business plans.
• Joint Venture/ Owner, designer and developer of a high-end retail center, ‘Las Tiendas de Palmilla’, Los Cabos, Baja Sur, Mexico.
• Provided design and land planning services for resort developments known as Palmilla- Los Cabos, Cabo Pacifico –Los Cabos, El Migrino- Los Cabos.
• Joint Venture / developer of 250 acre destination resort in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico
Koll Resort International 1993 - 2004
Director of Design and Planning Newport Beach, CA
Koll Resort International was one of the largest U.S. real estate, management and development companies in Mexico. Job responsibilities included design and construction management of resort properties in Mexico and Asia, land planning and design review of all on-site developments. Listed projects were:
• Palmilla Master Planned Community- Los Cabos, Baja, Mexico- hotel renovation, beach club, tennis and golf club, commercial/retail, high-end residential site-planning.
• Cabo del Sol Master Planned Community- Los Cabos, Baja, Mexico- Sheraton Hotel & Timeshare 250 room, golf club, medical care facility, residential site-planning, design residential review.
Landmark Land Company 1981 - 1993
Project Director of Design and Planning Carmel, CA
Landmark Land Company was a corporation comprised of high-end residential, commercial, retail, hotels, golf & tennis developments nationwide. Design and construction activities included: full consultant-coordination, land entitlement process, project cost estimations, construction management/supervision, contract negotiations, scheduling, and staff management. Partial list of projects:
Commercial / Office:
• Office building- Tulsa , OK- 1000,000 S.F.- 3 story, steel frame
• Office building renovation, Palm Desert, CA- 30,000 S.F., 3 –story
• Industrial- Thermal, CA- Airport Hanger- steel frame
• Retail-Belle Terre, LA- Shopping Center- 120,000 S.F., concrete –steel
Hospitality / Resort:
• Golf Clubhouse-PGA West Resort, La Quinta, CA- 60,000 S.F.
• La Quinta Hotel & Tennis Resort- 450 room, retail, and convention center
• Golf Clubhouse- Mission Hills Resort, La Mirage, CA- 50,000 S.F.
• Golf Clubhouse- Ryder Cup, Kiawah, S.C.,- 18,000 S.F. pre-cast concrete
• Kiawah Inn- 65 room renovation, restaurant, back of house renovation
• Carmel Valley Ranch- Tennis condos, 84 units and Tennis Club restoration
• La Quinta Tennis Condos- 68 units and 10 grass, clay, and hard surface courts
• Mission Hills Resort- 100 high-end golf fairway custom residential development
• Belle Terre, LA- 30 moderate, planned –community development
Private Practice 1979 - 1981
Architect/ Planner Carmel, CA
Custom Residential Design
Paul E. Davis & Associates 1977 - 1979
Designer / Architect Monterey, CA
Master Planning of coastal properties
Office/retail/restoration/high-end custom residential design
Dirasser, James, Jorgenson AIBC 1974 - 1977
Project Architect Vancouver, B.C.
Forty-four bed hospital wing addition, six theatre-cinema complex with parking structure, urban hotel/retail, high-rise, forty-two story complex, mixed-use housing development.
B.A. of Architecture- California Poly State University- San Luis Obispo, CA-1973
A.A. of Architecture- Los Angeles Trade Technical – Los Angeles, CA- 1969
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AFFILIATIONS, AND AWARDS
Registered Architect- State of California- Number 14006
Member of American Institute of Architects- (AIA)
Member of Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
Former Member of TECHO - California Housing Reforms
Recipient of Southern California Gas Competition- Award of Excellence
Member of International Exchange Group - Rotary Club (Argentina) 1977