I desire a stable long term position in which I can benefit my employer with my experience
Job Lazar 503-318-8149
6555 Failing Road joblazar[at]msn.com
West Linn, OR 97068
Real Estate Acquisition, Construction, Zoning& Entitlement Professional
Over twenty years combined experience in real estate management, construction, land use, acquisition, due diligence, entitlements, sales and leasing in courtroom as trial attorney and real estate broker dealing with commercial, industrial, energy and government projects. Experience as acquisition specialist, trained to take project from purchase to occupancy permits, and through disposition of final leases or sale. Well trained and experienced in sales and customer contact from 15 years as a real estate broker. High energy, loyal employee, team builder, highly creative in solution process, and expert at negotiations and strategic planning.
• JD: Real Estate, Taxation: Northwestern School of Law 1986, Portland, OR
• MBA: Finance: Marylhurst University 2004, Graduated with honors
• BS: International Affairs, Business: Lewis & Clark College 1982
• Excellent negotiator
• Experienced Manager in construction and real estate
WSG Energy, LLC 1/1/09 - Present
Acquisition and Permitting Manager
Responsible for acquisition of real estate, easements and right of way agreements for alternative projects in Nevada. Also responsible for all permitting and transmission line filings and negotiation.
• Negotiated acquisition of 1200 acres for a solar project,
• Negotiated and attained right of way for transmission lines,
• Negotiated and attained access easements to property.
Newcore Energy, Inc. 4/1/08 – 1/1/09
Manager of Acquisition and Permitting
Responsible for acquisition, due diligence and management of private and government property and mineral rights through leases and purchases for the development of alternative energy projects. Responsible for all permitting of projects, attainment of easements and rights of way.
• Leased over 5,000 acres of property and rights for company
• Purchased over 1,500 acres of property for company
• Attained a Special Use Permit for a solar farm of 100 acres
• Attained rights of way for solar, geothermal and wind project access and transmission lines through adjacent property owners and federal land.
American Ready-Mix, Inc, Reno Neva 4/15/06 – 4/1/08
Real Estate Manager
Responsible for all real estate acquisition, due diligence, disposition, management, leases and entitlements for mines, production facilities, commercial, retail, industrial, residential properties, and construction. Responsible for construction and planning oversight on all internal projects, attainment of all licenses, permits, rights of way and easements needed and corporate filings. Responsible for management and improvements for a rail park.
• Responsible for over $100,000,000.00 in acquisitions and sales of real estate, primarily commercial, mining, rail and industrial properties
• Negotiated a $60,000,000.00 joint venture agreement for a 1200 acre master planned community, responsible for permitting and entitlements
• Responsible for all due diligence on real estate transactions
• Responsible for management of 35 commercial properties, 25 multifamily properties, 15 retail properties and one rail park of 350 acres.
Zemex Industrial Minerals, Atlanta, GA 7/15/05 – 12/1/05
Director of Real Estate
Responsible for all real estate acquisitions, management, due diligence, leases, rights of way, easements, sales, and permitting issues. Responsible for all sites in the United States and Canada, comprising over 15,000 acres in 7 states, with 21 mines and 7 processing facilities. Supervised and coordinated all due diligence with geology department for new sites, negotiate terms, attain permits, and support engineering to create final projects that are marketable as residential sites after mining is completed. Attend all permitting hearings, hire, and work with local attorneys, engineers, and environmental consultants to attain needed permits and land use variances. Responsible to coordinate and negotiate with railroad companies for service to our facilities, and supervise improvements.
• Responsible for purchase of over 1000 acres of property for mining, as well as entitlements, right of way and permits
• Responsible for sale of over $50,000,000.00 of real estate, processing facilities and office properties
• Responsible for all due diligence activities regarding real estate acquisitions, leases and sales
• Permitted mining pit that traversed 2 states and moved a grave yard for mining
L. Biddison Construction, Inc. Portland, OR 3/15/2002 –7/1/2005
Vice President, Project Manager
Heavy Equipment Company, project superintendent on residential, commercial and government jobs. Assisted clients attain permits, and supervised the project from infrastructure to final occupancy permits for end users.
• Responsible for all scheduling and material deliveries
• Manager on 90 unit residential subdivision construction of infrastructure and homes
• Project manager of 250,000 sq/ft retail center
• Project manager on large sewer project for over 8 months
Advanced Real Estate Services, West Linn, OR 2/15/1998 –3/15/2002
Real Estate Broker
• List and sold and leased residential, commercial, retail and industrial properties and projects. Assisted clients with the purchase of properties and attainment of building permits. Work between engineers, city planners, and contractors to assure economically feasibility of project. Sell or lease final product to final user.
• Consistent top producer in sales
• Experienced sales trainer, and sales team builder
• Excellent with client care and follow-up
Pacific Excavation, Portland, OR 2/15/1994 – 9/12/2000
Owner, Manager Heavy Equipment Company
Supervised residential, commercial, and government construction projects. Project manager for opening of 170 acre rock pit in Columbia River Gorge Protected area with barge loading facility. Responsible to attain all permits and placement as well as operation of processing facility (washing, crushing and separating) for sand and rock. Responsible for all material deliveries, scheduling, and equipment deliveries for all company jobs.
• Experienced in all infrastructure placement
• Used land use knowledge to open pit in environmentally sensitive area
• Supervised construction of rock pit machinery, conveyor belt systems, and barge loading facilities
• Supervised construction of 2 miles of highway in Washington State, project was completed early. Job included installation of culverts, and storm drain system.
• Project manager for construction of 150 unit residential subdivision that had rock and unstable soils issues, completed project on time and attained all approvals.
• Project manager for 250 unit apartment complex on unstable ground that required excavation and engineered compacted fill to be placed at site prior to construction could begin.
• Project manager for 175,000 sq/ft retail center, including all infrastructure in public right of way.
Lazar & Nozaki Attorney’s at Law, Portland, OR 7/1/1988 -10/16/1995
Co- Owner, Trial Attorney
Focus was on real estate, construction, land use, and transactional law. Became expert on land use, construction disputes, water issues, and transactional real estate law.
• Expert negotiation skills
• First Attorney to move a wetland for residential subdivision in Oregon
Northwest Development Partnership, Portland, OR 7/1/1987 – 10/15/1993
Managing General Partner.
Purchased, developed and rezoned residential and multifamily properties. Initiated zoning, and worked with planning departments for final construction plans. Supervised and participated in underground, road improvements, and final home construction. Arranged for financing and sold final product to builders and home buyers. First residential developer to move a wet land in Oregon.
• Project feasibility and profitability skills
• Experienced at financing attainment
• Constructed 550 single family lots and 725 multifamily units
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.