An Oil & Gas Professional with 30+ years experience in all facets of Drilling and Completion.
Summary of Qualifications
An Oil & Gas Professional with 30+ years experience in all facets of Drilling and Completion. Extensive experience in high pressure under balanced drilling as well as directional and horizontal drilling. Drilled and managed rigs in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and Mexico with 15 years experience in the Arkoma Basin and unstable Shale Formations. Drilled vertical depths from 10,000 feet with laterals up to 3,000. Also experienced in Rig Design, Repair and Refurbishments of oil & gas equipment. Co-designed and manufactured open hole logging trucks, cementing and fracturing equipment for Schlumberger.
Significant Oil & Gas Work Experience
Keith L. Walker Oil & Gas, Norman, OK 2008-2009
Drilling Completions Consultant-Contract
Davis Operating Company, Tulsa, OK 2007-2008
Johnston Energy, LLC, Okmulgee, OK 1984-1987
Independent O&G Operator
Earnest, Inc. 1979-1984
Production Superintendent/Tool Pusher
Johnston Oil Company 1964-1979
Johnston Drilling Company
Independent Oil and Gas Operator
• Manage program in accordance with approved company programs, HSE policies, standards and systems to fully meet project objectives.
• Provide instructions to the drilling and third party service contractors with respect to conduct of the work.
• Ensure service company personnel are aware of their duties and that all required personnel, materials and equipment are at the rig and checked ready for the job.
• Ensure regulations pertaining to the work are adhered to by all parties.
• Manage the work in conjunction with other company personnel.
• Maintain a constant awareness of well bore conditions and operating constraints that affect operational safety including weather conditions.
• Initiate changes to the pre-agreed program when and as required, to protect personnel, environment, equipment and the well.
• Lead the well control team at the drilling rig in connection with the drilling contractor’s senior personnel.
• Audit the work performed by the drilling contractor and third party service contractors to ensure it is performed according to terms of contracts and agreements.
• Ensure all routine drilling and cost control reports required by the operator and the regulatory bodies are completed to a professional standard.
• Manage company HSE systems on the drilling site.
• Manage drilling operations in order to maximize return on exploration expenditure.
• Schedule and coordinate all resources.
• Participate and recommend selection of contractors and service companies.
• Ensure all documentation for drilling approval is prepared and submitted and that drilling approval is obtained.
• Manage daily activities of drilling operations in accordance with company management systems.
• Monitor drilling engineering parameters to support drilling operation.
• Ensure HSE Emergency Response Systems is developed, documented, tested with simulation exercises and the Drilling Team is capable of responding to HSE emergencies.
• Observe all company health, safety and environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to themselves and others.
• Prepare AFE’s and operational completion programs.
• Assist Production Technologist with problem wells.
• Troubleshoot well and completion related problems.
• Prepare completion diagrams and end of well reports.
Equipment Manufacturing, Inc., Okmulgee, OK 1997-2007
Owner/Operator of Oil & Gas/Manufacturing Company
Built sub-assemblies for Schlumberger and refurbished Well Service Units and Drilling Rigs. Designed and built Gas Compressor Units to enhance well production on both oil & gas wells. Sold and installed EMI’s products to various operators from small independents to major oil and gas companies in Oklahoma and Texas. Sold company to become active in the oil & gas exploration/production. Pushed tools and farmed-out drilling prospects, assisted in the drilling and completion of wells for EOG Resources, Metro Energy and Crisco Energy.
Process Manufacturing, Inc., Tulsa, OK 1994-1997
Supervised building 2400-2800 HP Frac Units, P.C.M.’s, Cementers and Blender Units for Schlumberger. These units were shipped around the world.
Mathey-Leland, Broken Arrow, OK 1987-1994
Assisted Dowell Schlumberger Engineers redesigning mounting brackets and platforms. Rearranged layouts of equipment and remote control systems for various models of tractor trucks as they changed from I.H. Paystar 5000 to Peterbuilt. Responsible for all scheduling of truck deliveries, Oilfield Winch Trucks, Openhole and Cast Hole Logging Trucks for domestic use as well as exports to China, India, OPEC countries, Alaska and Siberia.
Johnston Energy, LLC, Okmulgee, OK
Generated O&G prospects and operated properties in Okfuskee, Creek, Hughes, Lincoln and Seminole Counties in Oklahoma. Discovered Wilcox High, Cromwell and Gilcrease Field in Okfuskee County. Wilcox field produced 1 MBO and 1 BCF of gas.
Education and Professional Training
Wichita Falls High School Class of 1968
Midwestern University, Wichita Falls, TX 1969-1970 Business Administration
U.S. Army, Flight Operation 1970-1972
Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX 1972-1979 Business Administration
Seminole Jr. College, Baroid 1982 Drilling Mud Engineering
Okmulgee Elks Lodge 1990-Present
Lodge Officer, Exalted Ruler 1996-1997
Master Mason 2002-Present
32nd Degree Scottish Rite 2002-Present
Bedouin Shrine Temple 2002-Present
President Okmulgee County Shrine Club 2007-2008
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.