Contract Administration with a company who is looking to increase their profitability and risk mitigation through high level contract negotiation and administration.
Certified ABA paralegal with over 20 years of broad experience and in both law firms and corporations. A strong legal background in business and litigation, contract management, administration and procurement with a continuous track record of successful risk mitigation and revenue-driven results. Successfully negotiated all types of business- critical contracts, which including software and third party agreements from cradle to grave.
Calpine Corporation, Folsom California 2004 to 2009
(Utility Energy Industry))
Director/Manager of Contract Administration
Managed a Nationwide Contracts department to leverage procurement and maximize savings for fleet-wide operation of US energy plants.
• Procurement - Negotiated national agreements and effectively leveraged procurement to yield maximum savings and mitigate potential risk. Improved contract management processes to create a reliable tracking of contractual agreements across large national contract data base.
• Team Leadership - Managed and directed a national team of 17 managers and contract administrators responsible for national fleet wide plant operation for both contract and procurement.
• Administration - Drafted, negotiated, administered and advised on agreements such as: letters of understanding, non-disclosures, consulting agreements, agency staff agreements, service agreements, purchasing agreements, national agreements, sub-contracting agreements, third party vendor, software/hardware agreements and maintenance contracts
• Risk Management – Improved contract requirements and negotiation guidelines which reduced insurance claims by approximately 3 to 4 million dollars annually. Assisted and provide input to other corporate departments with identification of areas for process improvement and risk mitigation.
• Operations - Interfaced with corporate management to assist hands on in areas of identified risks, business concerns, safety issues and regional demands for required procurement and contracts.
• Company-wide collaboration - Interfaced with legal counsel, corporate departments/divisions, and plant operations for optimum contract review process and finalization.
• Business Compliance - Updated and revised corporate legal agreements, purchasing policies and signature authority to ensure corporate governance and company compliance and contract retention.
• Process Improvements – Organized streamlined and implemented company-wide process improvements/functions and created database enhancements to document database, and purchase order functionality, to maximize efficiency for company ease of use. Developed legal templates to facilitate better business practice/business requirements to ensure consistency and time effectiveness.
DST Innovis/DSTOutput, El Dorado Hills, California 1999 - 2004
(Telecommunications/Cable Software Billing)
Drafted/ negotiated and administered large complex agreements for the Western Region which included: letters of intents, non-disclosures, consulting and third party vendor agreements, software/hardware agreements and maintenance contracts from cradle to grave.
• Initiated and administered RFP’s, RFI’s and RFQ’s.
• Advised senior executives, sales staff, project managers, marketing and production on strategic business concerns, effectively meeting and exceeding business objectives by 125%.
• Interfaced with corporate legal attorneys and finance department head with contract review, redlining, negotiation and finalization.
• Reviewed legal documents and provided interpretations and summary overview to provide proposal preparation, contract negotiation with strategic business positioning.
• Reviewed and negotiated third party health care agreements such as Blue Shield containing HIPPA requirements and Business Associates Addenda.
• Established the development of a contract database repository of customer contracts to ensure compliance, maintenance dates, term and renewal dates.
• Provided quarterly reporting and forecasting to senior executives on profitability and loss of current customer base to yield better business marketing strategies.
Objective Systems Integrators, Folsom, California 1995 – 1999
Contracts Administrator/Customer Account Specialist
Negotiated and administered domestic and international master sales agreements, third party vendor agreements and governmental agency agreements; and ensured the administration of those contracts for continued compliance.
• Developed, drafted and monitored statement of works. Ensured proper invoicing and billing against statement of works.
• Continually reviewed and monitored customer requirements/specifications to advise project managers, sales directors and management of status and any required actions.
• Tracked international shipping to ensure proper invoicing
• Assisted in the development of a database to capture customer order entry, maintain project tracking, billing with international rate exchange and revenue collection
Law Offices of Arnold Laub, Sacramento, California 1989 – 1995
Paralegal and Office Manager
Managed heavy caseload from client intake, case work-up, calendaring and trial preparation.
• Interviewed clients and provided case work-up, litigation, negotiation of case settlements and disbursement of settlements
• Managed office, staff and other paralegals and coordinated with the corporate firm in San Francisco to implement and maintain office policies and ensured consistency.
American River College Paralegal ABA Certification /AA Bus Law.
Sacramento State University/Business Administration.
Six Sigma Certified Green Belt 2007
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.