Management Position in Construction, Commissioning or Startup
CONSTRUCTION / PROJECT MANAGEMENT/C0MMISSIONING
PROJECT MANAGER ~ CONSTRUCTION MANAGER ~ SITE MANAGER
Specializing in power plants, and liquefied natural gas facilities.
• Accomplished Construction Professional with extensive 30 plus years of domestic and International experience with twenty plus year’s international experience managing complex, large-scale projects. Practiced in (new) business, contracts, finance, lender liaison, project development, permitting, estimating, budget, feed, constructability, engineering, materials, procurement, QA, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup: and maintenance projects. Proven Leader with a demonstrated track record of consistently delivering projects early and under budget. Excellent project controls skills including, MS Project, Primavera P3, Suretrack and classical accounting systems. Excellent knowledge, compliance and very pro-active in creating an EHSC Culture. Communicate, read and write effectively in Spanish, and speak limited Turkish.
AREA CONSTRUCTION MANAGER 2005 to PRESENT
HUNT OIL COMPANY
Dallas TX/Lima Peru
Peru LNG project
• Assigned originally to home office and the site for site prep and then to London to work on EPCC open book estimate, scope, and contract wording.
• Liaison with Peruvian Government and Local agencies for Permitting, EHS, and Community Relations.
• Senior Construction Rep during the early stages of the project. Received a personal safety award for 3 million man hours with no lost time incidents as I was the only expat Construction Manager on site during this phase of construction.
• My first priority is to support the Companies Long Term Management Employees in relation to EPCC of their LNG Facilities, direct responsibility for offsites and utilities and a portion of the 34” 208 KM natural gas pipeline. I fill all positions in absence of the managers and as required.
GENERAL MANAGER, PRINCIPAL OWNER 2003 – 2005
GLOBAL WORKS, INC.
• Energy Systems, Hybrid Power Systems, Oil/Gas, Energy Service Work, Water Treatment Systems & LNG Facilities
• New Business Development, formed Alliances with Engineering Firms, Construction Contractors, and OEM’s
• Solar Power OEM Certified/Wind Generators
• General Management, Engineering and Technical Consultant
• Negotiated contracts in Iraq for US Companies (Made 2 trips into Iraq) Refineries and Power Plants
• Performed Site Survey Walvis Bay Namibia, South Africa for LNG Storage and Regasification Facility and Ship Receiving Terminal.
SITE MANAGER 2001-2003
Marlboro Enterprises Lusby, MD
• Liquefied Natural Gas Engineering and Construction Management: Commissioning.
• Site Manager for $180M Cove Point LNG Reactivation project including reactivation of offshore platform, power house/rebuild and upgrade of 3 GE Frame 3 turbine/generators, tanks, substations, under water transfer pipelines, upgrading of entire DCS and process plant, and new construction of 3 SCR Units and BTU reduction unit through engineering, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup.
• Total accountability for project including hiring/overseeing 45 staff and 400 craft personnel and ensuring deadlines and budgets were met.
• Exceeded profit expectations by 100% delivering $6M in profits against a budget of $3M.
• Setup work packages, commissioning packages, negotiated contracts and served as subcontracts administrator.
• Wrote standardized subcontract agreements to ensure consistency and favorable terms.
• Wrote Project Execution Manual to establish best practices in project management.
DIRECTOR OF PROJECTS /OWNERS REP 1998 – 2001
ENRON NORTH AMERICA/ HOUSTON, TX /MONTEREY MEXICO
• With revenues of $101B, one of the world’s leading energy, commodities and services companies.
• Started as Site Manager and quickly earned promotion to Director of Projects based on consistently beating targets. Simultaneously oversaw engineering, budget, construction, commissioning, and startup of Power (including 2 in Mexico) valued at $450M.
• Managed contracts, schedules, oversaw selection of subcontractors and hiring of site staff.
• Consistently delivered projects +10% under budget.
• Successfully completed 542 MW power plant/switchyard, transmission lines and put into commercial operation; 8 months versus scheduled 13 months and $5M or 18% under budget.
• R & D Mobile Power Systems
• Met with federal, state, and local agencies to obtain permits and use of power grid and gas lines. Successfully negotiated and managed power grid usage with Central Federal Electric of Mexico. Worked closely with state environmental and local agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER/SITE MANAGER/COUNTRY MANAGER 1997 – 1998
Babcock and Wilcox International Pakistan
• Leading supplier of power generation systems and equipment solutions with installations in more than 800 utilities and industries in over 90 countries.
• Site manager for $90M construction of 124 MW Boiler Plant with Steam Turbine.
• Successfully delivered 2-million man-hour project +15% under budget and with zero lost time due to injury.
• Developed subcontracts and scope of work for 6 Pakistani Contractors. Demonstrated ability to meet safety and quality standards in third world country.
• Successfully designed and implemented material controls program that substantially reduced loss and damage to materials on site.
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT 1995 – 1997
BUGSHAN STONE AND WEBSTER SAUDI ARABIA
• A leading international engineering, procurement and construction contractor.
• Area Superintendent for $180M Aramco refinery upgrade project with +900 personnel.
• Demonstrated the ability to work locals and third country nationals successfully.
• Delivered 50% savings by solidifying, and negotiating improved subcontractor/client relationships.
• Trained and supervised subcontractor for two 750,000 PPH Power Boilers with zero leaks for hydro testing, resulting in winning additional business.
• Successfully completed Utilities Area 3 months early.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
PMI Project Management Certificate #948763
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Foster Wheeler Certificate, Basic Principals of Supervisory Management
Transmedic Diploma in First Aid
Bechtel Certificate, Basic Supervisory Training
Numerous OSHA Safety Training Courses, all updated in 2008 and 2009
Pipe Fitters Local 654, Journeyman
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.