I am highly talented and accomplished electronics engineer with post grade in Finance with 20 years of experience in the Venezuelan oil industry (PDVSA) in operations and operational planning, financial planning and project control engineer. Willing to work either on a rotational field schedule or office based.
Areas of expertise
• Strategic/Operational and financial planning.
• Project management.
• Balanced Scorecard.
• Continuous improvement.
• Operations management and optimizations.
• Staff development leadership.
• Turnaround and reengineering.
• Project Control (Primavera P5 and P6)
JDSANTOS Corp., New York, NY – February 2005 to May 2007
• Profit increase of 10-15% by controlling expenses material purchase and disposal.
• Construction site direct supervision, including staff supervision, purchasing, inventory, budgeting, customer service, building/warehouse maintenance, plant equipment, and payrolls for ongoing restoration and construction projects. Direct communication with contractors, concerning project scheduling.
Venezuela Oil Company (PDVSA), Caracas, Venezuela 1979 - 2003
Senior planning analyst
• Project leader development program and forecast consumer demand based on artificial intelligence.
• Reduced inventory by 10% using new forecast design.
• Forecasted fuel domestic market product consumption to obtain supplies from refinery centers. Managed oil distribution to centers by tankers and/or pipeline.
• Project leader of SAP modulate administrative and ISO 9000 in the entire Internal Market department.
• Coordination and follow up of internal market Capital/Inversion budget y financial projections.
• Met with department heads to coordinate of refinery activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
• Coordination of scheduling projects in all distribution facilities around the country.
Distribution plant Commissioning Supervisor
• Achieved facility distribution plant start up with all systems fully operational while saving $10 million. It included a marine terminal, storage tanks, pipeline pumping system, pipeline and control system and truck load.
Operations Plant Manager
• Plant Operations and Marine terminals and cross country pipelines and pipelines maintenance.
• Developed and implemented plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design.
• Established standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials for ISO 9000.
• Examined invoices and shipping manifests for conformity with rates and custom regulations and contact custom officials to effectively release shipments.
• Interacted with customers or shippers to request new business, answer questions about services offered or required, and investigate complaints.
• Planned, developed, and implemented distribution plant facilities safety and security programs and activities.
• Prepared/directed preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Supervised the activities of worker engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products.
• Led seven-year history of accident-free operations for branch.
• Master of Science in Finance, Institute of Upper Studies of Administration (IESA), Caracas, Venezuela.
• Postgraduate courses in Electrical Engineering, Simon Bolivar University, Caracas, Venezuela.
• Bachelors Degree (US equivalent) - Electronics Engineer, Specialization Instrumentation and Control, Barquisimeto Polytechnic Institute, Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
• Ability to build and maintain business agreements with key clients.
• Analytical ability
• Project planning and control.
• Computer literacy in spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Primavera P5-P6
• Ability to handle stress of deadlines with multiple and competing projects.
• Ability to promote change in a positive manner.
• Cooperation with others in team environment
• Languages - Spanish and English
Professional development courses
• Primavera P5-P6
• SAP Human resources module training.
• Petroleum spill control techniques land and sea.
• ISO-9000 2000, total quality courses.
• LPG/LNG Handling, onshore ship borne.
• Management by Objectives.
• Construction bidding budget formulation.
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.