Summary of Experience
Accomplished, results-oriented engineer with proven success working in multi-skilled teams and negotiation of $25 million dollars in power purchase contracts. Experience in project development, management and engineering design, construction and procurement, finance and business modeling, and operations. Keen ability to independently manage contracts and engineering projects to ensure efficiency and goal achievement.
Professional Work Experience
Nucoastal Power Corporation: Victoria/Houston TX. April 2007-June 2009
Victoria Re-Power Project
• Played an active role with the integrated design of $180 Million Dollar Re-Power Project with regards to purchasing, contracts, management & delegation of Engineering Firm.
• Took on sole responsibility for Schedule, Procurement, Budget and outage of GE Steam Turbine incorporated with the start-up of the new MHI 501F Gas Turbine for combined cycle performance.
o Work Scope Consisted of Lube Oil Flushes, Minor Overhaul of Steamer, New Thermocouples, Bearing outage due to vibration issues, Repair Hydrogen Coolers, Clean & Repair Generator Exciter, STG Control Valves Stroke & Calibration, etc.
• Took the initiative to take on the role of Start-up Coordinator, which included effective turnover of packages and materials from the construction phase of the project to the commission phase, which led to the effective Start-up and Commercial operation of the power plant. As a result of continuously meeting escalating timeframes in a results-oriented manner, I was described by the Northern Region Manager as an “Outgoing & determined individual, give him the ball and he’ll get the job done.”
• Efficiently executed compliance with major milestones through effectively scheduling and planning the construction and outage in relation to specialized plant purchases by vendors.
• Independently coordinated the review process of Engineering Design & Vendor Drawings per project design needs and specifications. Including General Arrangement Drawings, Various Skid Designs – Fuel gas, John Zink-Duct Burner, Ammonia Storage, SCR Skid, P&ID’s of Mechanical Systems & BOP, Process Flow Sheets.
• In addition to other roles, by way of excellent communication, I frequently was a liaison between various Vendors (Mitsubishi, John Zink, GE, and VOGT) to meet project deadlines. Independently worked on expediting field TA’s, Material, Contracts, and Purchase Orders that resulted in exceeding project deadlines by over 4 weeks.
• Worked closely with the Start-Up Management as the project lead on BOP Material Needs & Retrofits of Existing Plant Equipment & New Construction interface that led to $2 millions in cost savings as well as surmount critical deadlines
• In addition to other responsibilities, took the initiative to be a Purchasing Agent for Equipment & Material to effectively review specifications, project design specifications & gain final approval by Construction Manager. Led negotiations that expedited deliveries of material from 18 weeks to 1 week for Bushings, which resulted in being able to Backfeed plant & provide testing within allotted timeframes that in turn provided a cost savings of over $100K.
• Described by VP Engineering “Fast learner, able to adapt and solve problems.”
• Responsible for Vendor Time Sign off regarding Start-Up services, including Mitsubishi Gas Turbine Field TA’s, GE Steam Turbine Field TA’s, 3rd Party Contractors – Relay Techs, Electrical Commissioning Techs, BOP Mechanical Techs, Equipment Rentals, etc.
• Provided development engineering and project management services to NuCoastal Power Corp. for other Future Re-Power Facility Projects, such as the Petroleum Coke Fired Re-Power project along the South Texas coast, and Combined Cycle Re-Power projects in South Texas.
Nucoastal Power Corporation: Victoria/Houston, TX. April 2007-Dec 2007
Victoria Re-Power Project
Assistant Project Manager
• Independently led Contract Negotiations & Auditing of Power Purchase Agreement. Through close examination and attention to detail, discovered accounting errors in formulas during negotiations, this resulted in over $1 million dollars per operating day of preventable cost savings.
• Took lead role on Microsoft Project Scheduling (Including Siemens UAT & Pennsylvania GSU Transformer Rewinds & Delivery, Heavy Hauls of Mitsubishi CTG Delivery, VOGT HRSG Delivery, HRSG Procurement BOM which were found missing & had to be expedited). Through a detailed analysis of the delivery time points of critical components, an improved 6-8 week of delivery of critical components was met, which in turn exceeded time frames.
• Described by my VP of Development as “very bright, creative and self-motivated individual.”
• Played a fundamental role in Weekly Project Budget meetings during the development stage of $180 Million Dollar Re-Power Project, which led to the completion of a financial closing that continued through the construction phase till COD was accomplished
• Coordinated Project Requirements with Project Management team and Compliance Manager, which resulted in keeping the project compliant and within all necessary Design & State/Federal Regulations.
• Developed compliance permits necessary for facility operations, which led to successful plant compliance with private, local, state, and federal regulations.
• Worked with Pro forma’s to produce a set of guidelines and best practices for Potential Development Opportunities with a Management Team.
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Engineering, December 2006
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPerfect, Microsoft Project Scheduling, Financial Modeling’s (Pro Forma’s for Future Development Opportunities), Windows and network based software, Microsoft Works software, Adobe, Photoshop, Maple, Mat-lab, MCNP, AutoCAD, Keyboard 60 WPM
College: Texas A&M Power lifting Team Member & USA Power Lifting Team Member Ranked #2 World 2001, Texas A&M Residential Advisor for FHK Hall 2002-2003 (In Charge of 700 residents), Active Member of Texas A&M American Nuclear Society & Entertainment/Event Planning Officer (2002-2006), Worked 20 Hours week Assistant Manager Ptarmigan Club (2003-2006), Worked 30 Hours week Assistant Sales Manager & Parts Manager Honda Dealership (2005-2007)
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.