Challenging position with growth potential that utilizes my unique expertise and skillset in the CM/Program Management or Design/Build categories. Depending on company and title profile, am interested in Contracts or Project Management positions.
David M. Larkin
640 Lanvale Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63119
Home (314) 918-8950
OBJECTIVE: A senior level construction management opportunity with a growth-oriented organization in the Oil and Gas Industry, domestically or international.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience includes large industrial (oil refinery and semiconductor), commercial (hospital, hi-rise and building refurbishment), telecommunications and power projects ranging in size and complexity to $4 billion, including:
⁃ Contract Administration and Management experience on refinery New Coker project budgeted at $3.6 billion;
⁃ Program Management experience – multiple concurrent projects with $40 million budget;
⁃ D/B Project Management experience on projects to $46 million;
⁃ Area Construction Manager experience on multiple projects totaling $79 million in 3 states;
⁃ D/B experience includes Project Management, Contract administratin and management, MEP Specialist and engineering liaison. All functions include Pre-construction knowledge and experience.
Extensive Contract Administration and Management experience, including Pre-construction and qualification phase, constructibility studies, bid analysis/award process, subcontractor management, change order mitigation and management, and contract closeout processes.
Project Management experience includes all aspects of schedule and budget management, cost control and analysis, change order dispositions and negotiations, time management and value engineering problem solving, engineering liaison/cost.
Extensive travel experience – associated with projects in Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles and San Francisco CA, Charlotte NC, Denver CO, Washington DC, St. Louis MO and Portland OR in the last 8 years.
Highly literate and proficient with both construction related and general office software (Microsoft Windows XP, Word, Excel, Constructware, Microsoft Project, Primevera Project Management, Timberline, ProLog and SAP).
• As Senior Contract Administrator/Site Owner Representative; managed and provided oversight on the EPC contract (with Fluor Inc.); specifically the $556 million portion related to construction and CM services. Site responsibilities include prime contract maintenance as well as daily procurement and contract activity oversight; including 46 ‘As Agent For’ managed subcontracts, and all site procurements over $10K in value, Total contract value (including FEED costs) at $1.1 billion; to date have realized cost savings of $6.85M (including cost avoidances) on this contract.
• As Area Construction Manager successfully managed the general contractor on a two phase, $49M project for the General Services Administration of the US government. Project was delivered on time and on budget, and returned over $1.25MM of field initiated Value Engineering cost saving change orders to the GSA.
• As Senior Project Manager, successfully managed the Los Angeles site of a multi-state and site telecom data center project. The LA site was only site to achieve any of the contractual incentives (both schedule and budget control), and realized major reductions and/or cost savings from subcontracts by change order management, with over $750K in negotiated savings from the electrical subcontractor on Change Order requests alone.
• As D/B Project Manager, successfully managed $27M communications backbone installation project in multiple cities. The project included a 36 week schedule, and both contractual incentives for budget and timely completion were met. At the conclusion of construction, acted as Construction specialist to disposition change orders and contract closeout procedures and functions.
• As Contracts Manager successfully managed the procurement of over $690M of goods and services while exceeding all Owner's cost reduction requirements and Minority and/or Women owned business initiatives (which were 7% of the procurement budget).
Belcan Technical Corp.
Hoar Construction, Program Management Division
Owner Rep/Project Manager
2005 - 2007
The Benham Group; Oklahoma City OK
Area Construction Manager
2004 - 2005
J. A. Jones Construction Company; Charlotte NC
Lockwood Greene Engineering – (subsidiary of J.A. Jones)
Senior Project Manager
Construction Contracts Mgr.
1996 - 2004
1996 - 2000
Technology Design and Construction; Chandler, AZ
1993 - 1996
Morrison Knudsen Construction Company, Boise, ID
1981 - 1992
Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
BA – Business Management 1985
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.