I am look for a Project Director position, where I am allowed to utilize my full potential. This would be in development, engineering, procurement, construction and metoring up and coming project professionals.
GREGORY C. GREEN, P.E.
3342 Prestwick Square
Missouri City, Texas 77459
Phone- Home : 281.778.8752 Cell: 713.591.2524
Sr. Project Manager / Project Director
Where proven project management, coupled with precise coordination and communications skills, will complement effective negotiations, analytical, leadership, and organizational aptitude will foster company growth and diversification through business development. Where keen and innovative management techniques will improve processes and contribute directly to the bottom line.
Senior Project Manager with more than 25 years of diversified leadership with EPC and operating companies in design engineering, project management, and construction of domestic and international projects, with project cost up to $1.0 billion. Excelled on projects included refinery, plastics, chemicals, power, commercial facilities, air separation plants, medical facilities, cogeneration power plants, offshore platforms, and pipeline design. History of emphasizing teamwork between owner, EPC, and contractor with a unique blend of’ “root cause” problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills that achieve project success and significantly contributed to the bottom line with a focus on cost, schedule, quality, and safety. Received one year of specific training from Rice University in Executive Management.
• Maintenance Engineering
• Develop International Labor Agreements • Resource and Material Planning & Management
• Lump Sum / Turnkey Contracts • Customer Service / Satisfaction
• Proposal Planning and Preparation • Develop Policies and Procedures
• Strategic Vision and Mission Planning • Preventative Maintenance Planning
• Budget Development / Management / Execution • Multi-site Management
• Review all Bid Documents
• Contract Development • Business Development
• Staff Management up to 800 • Transportation Analysis / Planning
• Staff Training / Development / Mentoring • Safety Training
• International Experience: Suriname, Jamaica • Facilities Development
• Maintain Overall Project Budget • Develop Project Schedule
• Supervise all QA/QC Activities • Develop Project Specifications
• Secure Land Lease Agreements • Secure all Permits
• Successfully directed the engineering, construction and commissioning of the first cogeneration power plant built within an existing operating refinery (LCR). The total allocated budget was $352 million. Streamlined the engineering effort, without sacrificing quality, increased construction productivity and bettered the completion schedule by one month. Result: cost saving and additional revenue of more than $20 million.
• Developed an execution plan that streamlined the engineering, construction and commissioning activities on a cogeneration expansion. Mobilized the engineering effort at the plant site instead of the home office. Utilized modular construction to minimize erection man-hours. Result: a profit of $1.1 million on an $8.5 million contract.
• Supervised the engineering and construction activities on Unocal Oil’s crude processing unit expansion in southern California. The total allocated budget was $300 million. By minimizing engineering revisions and construction rework with a strong QA/QC program we Result: completed the project under budget and ahead of schedule.
• Supervised the engineering and construction activities of the Amerada Hess Refinery in St. Croix, the US Virgin Islands. The total allocated budget was $1.3 billion. The engineering design and construction specifications along with modified design criteria exceeded any then US design codes. However, with strict supervision and a strong QA/QC program we Result: completed the project under budget ($100 million profit) and ahead of schedule.
• Hand picked by the Executive V.P. of Project Management and Construction to take over a 550 MW cogeneration project that was in complete disarray. The total allocated budget was $300 million. Executed the contract language and prioritized construction activities:
a. Eliminated the OSHA violations.
b. Improved the quality scores from 65% to 95% (on a 100% scale).
c. Recovered excessive cost from the contractor.
d. Completed the project three (3) months ahead of the extended schedule.
e. Project cost savings exceeded $17 million.
• Supervised the engineering, procurement, construction, contract negotiations and commissioning activities for twenty-three (23) projects, ranging in cost from $50,000 to $30 million. Project Manager for the Alcoa Alliance located in Suriname South America and Jamaica. Chosen by branch President to succeed the first Project Manager, due to strained client relations. Improved the overall strength of the alliance by completing scopes of work with client involvement and increasing personnel moral through empowerment. In addition, the client was intimately involved in selecting vendors and contract development.
Executive Management – Rice University, Houston, TX
B.S., Architectural Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, TX
LICENCES AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Registered Professional Engineer – State of Texas #73956
Chi Epsilon Honorary Civil Engineering Society
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.