Relocate to the state of Texas and work in the Utility / Gas Insustry.
John J. Picklo
20 Mill Creek Circle
Pooler, GA 31322
(813) 270-0920 Johnpicklo[at]yahoo.com
In review of my 24 years experience of managing contractors in the field, I have had up to five mainline and service crews working under my supervision at one point in time. Jobs such as these, consist of time keeping, ordering material, safety standards, invoice checking, pipe fusion qualification, inspecting and piging pipe with air test chart sign-off duties. My job also consisted of asbilt drawings and GPS location of new pipe for engineering prints. Additionally, I fulfilled inquiries for gas clients concerning restoration complaints to resolve problems on their property. In summary, I began in the gas industry working as a Gas Technician, installing pipe and doing relocation work. My last title as an Engineering Technician allowed me to meet with builders and developers in D.O.T meetings. I worked with the marketing department to provide cost estimates for main line extentions for new clients. Overall, I am ambitious in securing a position as a Gas Mainline Crew Inspector that will enable me to utilize my knowledge and extensive work experience in the field of natural gas operations.
Main Line Layout Design
• Knowledge of fittings, required material, MMS II, blueprints and field note reading and interpretation, measuring techniques (survey), operation of engineering equipment and to be familiar with pipeline construction SOP’s and Federal DOT Code Part 192.
• Understanding of interaction with other utility systems (i.e., electric, water, etc.), and the ability to evaluate the need for and placement of regulator vaults and decides on the easiest area of installation, which should translate to the lowest cost.
Read and Interpret Engineering Drawings/Plans/Map System
• The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, construction prints and maps.
• A fundamental understanding of mechanical and topographical drawings as well as land surveying, to determine the meaning of symbols, geographic orientation and standard measuring procedures.
Use, Read and Interpret Electronic Equipment
• A fundamental knowledge of electronics and the theory of cathodic protection.
• Training in the set-up and use of the equipment used in the gas field, such as pipe locators (to modes), curb box locators, MSA gas detectors and pipe-to-soil potential meters, etc.
Sketch and Interpret Property Records
• Proficient in drawing, coupled with a working knowledge of the pipe history and inventory system.
• Ability to read and interpret field notes, construction prints, subdivision plats and M&R records.
Anode Job Layout/Design
• A fundamental knowledge in the theory of cathodic protection and the ability to read and interpret the findings of pipe-to-soil potential readings and other related electronic measuring devices, reading and interpreting field notes.
• Standard measuring procedures, the mechanics of a transit and other related equipment, blueprint reading, terminology, and the use of benchmarks, monuments and standard layout techniques.
Plastic Pipe Fusion Inspection
• Perform plastic pipe fusion inspection which requires training and hands-on experience in actual pipe fusion, per SOP regarding plastic fusion, the techniques and equipment used in the application of butt fusion, branch fusion and tee service fusion
Service Line/ Main Line Spot/Stake
• Perform service line/main line spot/stake which requires knowledge of our underground utility system, including curb boxes, test wire boxes, line markers, etc
• Ability to read and interpret prints, atlas pates, drawings and/or use equipment in the field such as pipe locator, measuring wheel and tape to determine the location of pipelines and other underground facilities in the field.
Relevant Professional Experience
SM&P / Consolidated Utilities Inc, Utility Locating Tech: 04-2008-Present Electric
Telephone, Cable & Fiber
Cable T V
PREMIER LOCATING CO, QA Supervisor: 2006-2007:
• Regional Supervisor
• Oversee and Audits Utility Locators work in the field.
• Natural Gas and Electric Utilities
FLORIDA PUBLIC UTILITIES, Engineering Technician: 2003-2006
• Responsible for preparing drawings via hand drafting.
• Engineering work includes permit/project coordination, administration with staff, responding to facility inquiries, field survey work and estimating cost with Microsoft excel program. Work with Marketing Dept. for new Main Extentions to new customers.
• Locate Gas lines in the field.
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA NATURAL GAS COMPANY, Operations Coordinator: 2002-2003
• Design and permit main line extensions within the operations area.
• Inspect contractor's work in the field.
• In charge of compliance issues (M&R Sta.-Leak Survey-Valve Books).
• Drafting duties include updating maps. Inventory ordering per job design.
• Locating duties when needed. Use of the Excel program to figure cost of material and labor per job design.
TECO/PEOPLES GAS, Engineering Technician and Utility Technician: 1995-2002
• Locating plastic and steel main lines. Distribution installation and repair.
• On call Duty Supervisor.
• Design main extensions with field drawings for permits.
• Team Leader for Locating Dept. On site repair for emergency cut lines in the field.
• Anode job layout and design.
• Supervise Contractors installation.
EAST OHIO NATURAL GAS COMPANY, Engineering Technician: 1981-1994
• Mainline Inspector; write field notes, and asbilts per job
• Design main extensions with field drawings for permits and drafting duties.
• On Call repair for emergency cut lines in the field.
US Army-41st FA, Pershing Nuclear Missiles
• T.S.Clearance-SwabishGamund, Germany 1974-1976
• Active 1976-1980 Reserves
Maple Heights High School Maple Heights,Ohio
• Corrosion Cathodic Protection - Weld Pipe Inspector
• Migration - Hurricane Mgt. Team
• Drafting - GPS field Survey Data
• MS Office Suite and Excel Cost Estimating Program
• Gas Leak Detection - Utility Locating
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.