I am looking for a challenging position with room for professional growth and/or ownership. I am a person who enjoys the company of others and I am comfortable with all professional disciplines and level of employees. In project development/management you deal with a diverse number of people in many positions such as executives, financial institutions, and government agencies; while managing engineers, office personal, subcontractors and construction staff. My experience in construction has given me a great deal of operational and financial experience that could be of great value. I enjoy the overall administration of opportunities that benefit the success and growth of a company.
Manager with demonstrated progression and success in developing and directing company strategies, growth plans, tactical plans and revenue performance objectives. Proven ability to run both start up organizations and mature businesses consistently exceeding profitability and growth projections. Outstanding record of attracting, mobilizing, motivating and building management teams capable of negotiating the complexities of high growth in corporate and multi-unit environments.
Operations & Financial Consultant
Tuck Enterprises & Scientia Energy, Palm Springs, CA Oct 2009 - Current
This is a joint venture between a manufacturing and assembly operation merging with a marketing and sales firm. The goal of this merger is to update the control system, gearing system, power generators and blades to a low maintenance proven Danish turbine. The enhancements of performance create a turbine perfect for agriculture power offset, low profile wind farms and alternate energy plans.
• Set up the general ledger and cost accounting information system
• Work with the Tuck President on the development of a next generation Turbine.
• Operational responsibilities are project scheduling, streamlining procurement, capitol requirement evaluation and sourcing, determining inventory quantities for production levels, facilities and capital equipments requirements, leased equipment options and human resources.
• Financial responsibilities are developing schedules of value, inventory of materials and cost reduction options.
• Other responsibilities are collections of aged receivables, payable vendor relationships, quality revisions (including SQOP plans), researching alternate products (towers/generators/gearboxes), project financing options, PP&E negotiations with public utilities, IRR evaluations, state & government tax incentives research for customer’s presentations.
Vice-President / COO / CFO
Warbonnet Electric Inc., Fort Hall, Idaho Jul 1986 - Nov 2008
An SBA/DBE 8A regional electrical business and general contractor specializing in construction, commercial, industrial systems, security, access control, environmental and building construction.
• Led all operational responsibilities including day-to-day direction and management of administrative and field staff. This included project management teams, subcontractors, QC and Risk, estimators, superintendents, financial, procurement, human resources and administrative with a head count of up to 300 employees.
• Led company multiyear projects with revenues from 5 to 65 million.
• Managed the proposal and business development departments and ensured compliant RFP response.
• Developed corporation’s safety and quality programs, maintaining a consistent safety experience ratio of 0.6 with zero OSHA recordable injuries in the last four years.
• Quality experience included DOE NQA1 and several STARR facilities.
• Responsible for the budget management process and company financial team.
• Direct planning, scheduling, estimating, procurement and cost accounting for projects ranging from industrial Federal. Managed general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales and payroll for the entire company.
• Managed Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and Indian Health Service (HIS) projects
• Have implemented and managed Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO) plans
• I have a national Indian gaming clearance and DOE “L” clearance
Capitol Projects Manager / Cost Accountant / Financial Analyst
Gould/AMI Inc., San Jose, CA / Pocatello, Idaho Jun 1983 - Jul 1986
A San Jose California based semi-conductor manufacturing facility.
• Provided financial support and project scheduling to multiple construction projects and renovations to the fabrication facilities.
• Directly reported to the Corporate President and CEO on all capital projects progress and financial status.
• Moved to cost accounting to report and track actual device production costs verses product cost models.
• Developed marketing models for new product development.
• Managed accounts payable department with average monthly volume of 15 million dollars.
• Bachelor Business Administration – Accounting, Idaho State University (Pocatello, Idaho)
• FAR Boot Camp Graduated March 1992 SBA Contract Negotiations, April 1993
• DOT Health & Safety Program Administrator, Certified August 2005
• DOT Drug & Alcohol Program Administrator, Certified August 2005
• DOE NQA1 Quality Manager, Approved June 1999
• DOE STARR Safety Manager, Approved February 2002
• DOE security clearance of "L/BAO", currently inactive, Approved November 1988
• Certificate of Award - Top 10 Intermountain Contractors (2006) - This impressive award is given once a year and represents success in operations, safety and quality
• Certificate of Award - INEL Small business of the year (Multiple Years). Recognized subcontractors who complete complex projects with no safety or quality infractions.
• Microsoft Excel (Advanced) 14 years experience
• Microsoft Word (Advanced) 10 years experience
• Microsoft Outlook (Intermediate) 5 years experience
• Power Point (Intermediate) 4 years experience
• Microsoft Projects (Intermediate) 7 years experience
• QuickBooks Accounting Software (Advanced) 6 years experience
• HP IC-10 & CA-10 (Advanced) 5 years experience
PURCHASING & INVENTORY CONTROL:
• Purchasing focused on subcontractors, Leases w/Purchase Options, Heavy, Equipment, Electrical and construction
• Project Managers
• Operation Managers
• Quality & Safety Staff
• Wind Energy Developers
• Multiple Federal Government Agencies (DOD, DOE, DOT, Army Corps of Engineers)
• State Government Agencies
• Public Utilities
• City Governments
• Tribal Governments
• Waste Facilities
• Environmental Clean up (Demolition and Remediation)
• Hospital & Medical
• Financial Institutions and Banks
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.