SCOTT B. SHAHEEN
732 Division Street * Barrington, Illinois 60010
847-347-5626 * scottshaheen[at]comcast.net
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (please clarify objective as necessary)
Accomplished Environmental industry professional with in-depth, firsthand expertise in piloting multi-faceted electric and gas transmission projects through the intricate maze of local, state, and federal permitting processes in accordance with all applicable regulations. Demonstrated ability to originate innovative and profitable technological solutions to broad challenges using 15+ years of experience, routinely meeting deadline and budget requirements in fulfillment of client objectives.
* Highly perceptive leader able to facilely balance project scope against environmental constraints as a proven leader with effective staff management and negotiation skills.
* Specialized experience in wetland field studies, Environmental Management and Construction Plans (EM&CP), and impact mitigation strategies.
* Truly versatile communicator able to easily cultivate and build vital relationships with key industry leaders, including multi-level governmental and regulatory officials.
Environmental Permitting * Problem Solving
Habitat Assessments * Wetlands Mitigation
Team Leadership * Outreach and Education
US Army COE * Cost Savings * Training & Development
NEPA * Business Development * Multi-level Collaboration
Wetland Delineation * Project Management
Environmental Impact Assessments * Agency Coordination
SBS Development, LLC, Barrington, Illinois * 2008-Present
Guide alternative energy business owners in the acquisition of applicable permits governing the transformation of Mississippi catfish aquaculture farms into algal biofuel sites to produce transportation fuel. Secure attorneys knowledgeable in property short sales, loan modifications, credit repair and counseling, and bankruptcies to assist clients as required.
Select Key Accomplishments:
* Charted a strategy to assist clients in procuring government-backed loans and grants through such entities as the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Helped clients navigate the intricate local, state, and federal permitting procedures as mandated by such organizations as NEPA and the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
* Captured multiple thousands of dollars in savings for clients by negotiating and resolving credit and debt issues.
WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK, Lombard, Illinois * 2004-2008
Catapulted funding rates and sales volume, emerging as a top-tier producer within 3 months after initial hire. Produced attention-grabbing sales presentations, sharply elevating market share. Expanded up-to-the-minute knowledge of current market trends, customer needs, competitive maneuvers, and overall target audience to responsively and efficiently customize marketing strategies to draw their business.
* Drove $10M+ in monthly funding.
* Skyrocketed monthly volume by 500% after innovating an automated pricing system.
* Named to the Presidentâ€™s list for achieving a top 10% national funding ratio.
NIAGARA MOHAWK POWER CORPORATION (NMPC), Syracuse, New York * 1988-2003
Researched and drafted key documents in fulfillment of NEPA, SEQRA, Public Service Law Article VII and Part 102 as part of permit procurement and negotiations with regulatory agencies for various company projects. Testified as an expert at eminent domain hearings. Crafted and conducted corporate environmental training sessions for 1K+ field and service crew members, heightening their awareness of and compliance with environmental protocols.
Select Key Accomplishments:
* Originated and tracked fulfillment of Environmental Management and Construction Plans (EM&CP) as dictated by Public Service Law, Article VII. Directed the evaluation, outline, and creation of impact mitigation plans encompassing wetland development and follow-up.
* Orchestrated a right-of-way herbicide vegetation management study to identify economical ways to control vegetation on gas and electric transmission rights-of-way.
* Co-wrote a technical document published by the Journal of Arboriculture and Weed Science.
Select Project Achievements:
* Schodack Tap: Generated a report to secure PSC Part 102 authorization for the 5.2 mile, 115kV project. Performed wetland field studies and obtained state and federal permits. Introduced an innovative ROW herbicide strategy to protect endangered Karner Blue Butterflies by constructing a Blue Lupine habitat. Conducted cultural resource surveys as required by OPRHP rules.
* Gore Mountain Tap: Spearheaded the procurement of the requisite wetlands and other permits and authorizations from entities such as the Adirondack Park Agency. Completed GIS-enhanced visual analysis as well as biological and cultural resource surveys necessary for the 6.2 mile, 115KV project.
* Tonawanda Tap: Managed the state and federal wetland delineation and permitting process for the 7.8, 115kV initiative. Wrote applicable reports in accordance with Public Service Law, Part 102 requirements. Testified during hearings to condemn private properties for right-of-way use.
* Telergy Fiber Optic Cable: Oversaw project consultants in the creation of EM&CP plans and follow-up. Procured various federal permits, including for the Navigable Waters of the U.S., state and federal wetland delineations resulting in the receipt of permits from the Federal Nationwide Permit Program.
* Oswego-Cortland: Tracked and ensured fulfillment of EM&CP plans for wetland, stream crossing buffer zones, road construction, and appropriate ROW clearing procedures.
Master of Science in Resource Management & Water Resources
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, New York
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.