To secure a management position whereby my transferable skills of business operations, organization skills, team building, employee relations, decision making and problem solving, analyzing complex proposals, excellent communication, and customer service may be used to directly and/or indirectly impact the organization’s bottom line.
Results-oriented professional with a proven fundamental understanding of accounting, safety and comprehensive knowledge of all functional areas of business operations; a proven track record of exceeding in team building, employee involvement and quality control programs to increase morale and performance; strong initiative in decision making, problem solving, analyzing complex proposals, and excellent communication, organization skills, and customer service.
DEL-JEN Inc. (Fluor Daniel Subsidiary) New Orleans, Louisiana 04/ 2006 – 05/ 2008
Site Manager and Maintenance /Safety Supervisor
• Supervised, planned, coordinated and monitored work performed by technicians.
• Performed quality and safety analysis, and HR functions.
• Conducted morning safety meetings daily.
• Created safety programs and/or projects for personnel development in accordance with the corporate agenda.
• Provided oversight for safety hazards, incidents and prevention, documentation, and discipline.
• Submitted weekly safety reports to upper management.
• Recruited participation from local safety entities (fire and law enforcement).
• Increased normal work force proficiency level from 68% to 98% and emergency response proficiency to 100% through strong organizational skills, exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, strategic planning, motivation and creativity.
• Increased client satisfaction through improved supply chain management-inventory / information flow.
• Exceeded the first year performance standards and goals for this $500M project by increased service contract compliance.
Alabama Power Company Birmingham, Alabama 12/ 1977 – 04/ 2006
Senior Metering Services Technician
• Analyzed installation and billing of accounts for commercial, industrial and residential customers for accuracy. Oversight of all metering components, the testing of metering apparatus and system configuration, and providing leadership to all vendor (internal and external) connections within the overall system for maximum transfer of electrical power.
• Coordinated co-partner communication interface projects to add efficiency and savings to over-all divisional metering system.
• Participated in numerous emergency electrical service restoration situations in many capacities, (disaster and storm related), throughout the states of Alabama and Mississippi coordinating efforts and contributing to revenue recovery efficiency.
• Participated in the Departmental Safety Committee providing oversight of safety incidents and prevention.
• Traveled throughout Alabama conducting safety campaign presentations, (self developed), to all levels of personnel and management. Career spanned spectrum of unskilled laborer, skilled laborer and professional.
• Strong emphasis in National Electric Safety Code, OSHA, and National Electric Code.
VITA Program (Internal Revenue Service) Birmingham, Alabama 01/ 2000 – 04/ 2006
Tax Preparer – Volunteer
• Provided high quality assistance to taxpayers in the accurate preparation of their tax returns, (both individual and business).
• The goal of VITA is to provide a viable alternative of tax preparation and e-filing to the community at large.
Lowetown Community Development Association McCalla, Alabama 02/ 1986 – 12/ 2005
Charter Member – Volunteer
• Provided secretarial and treasury duties and bookkeeping functions.
MANAGEMENT ENTERPRISE AND INVESTMENT COMPANY 09/ 1989 – Present
Consultant / Property Management
• Provide business developmental planning and marketing analysis/strategy; accounting and financial strategy; property management, collections and contracts.
• Consultation on bookkeeping functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost, payroll, multiple state tax preparation, quarterly reports, journal entries, and general ledger reconciliation.
Bachelor Degree - Accounting Birmingham Southern College - Birmingham, AL
Bachelor Degree - Business Birmingham Southern College - Birmingham, AL
Associate Degree - Electronics Bessemer State Technical College - Bessemer, AL
Software Certificate - Access, Excel, PowerPoint
Skilled – Word, Outlook, Maximo, Web Focus
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.