RAVI R. VORA
P. O. Box 55385, Houston, Texas 77255-5385
Phone: (713)-683-9355; Cell: 713-294-3344; E-mail: ravi_vora[at]yahoo.com
An executive with successful track record in renewable/wind energy, power generation, electric utility & infrastructure industries. Experienced in working with industrial, utility and commercial customers in creating value added power and energy businesses worldwide.
Renewable Energy (Wind and Biomass): As CEO of the US subsidiary of Asia’s largest integrated wind energy company completed successful US market entry of company’s utility-grade wind turbines leading to IPO of the company with over $3 Billion market cap.
SUMMARY OF RAVI VORA's
Utility Scale Renewable Energy ( Solar and Wind) Track Record
Currently offering a range of strategic, project development and project financing services to the renewable energy including wind energy as TransWind Energy LLC based in Houston, Texas. Examples of recent projects and activities include:
• Director of Business Development: Wind-Solar and Utility Markets for one of the leading multi-billion dollar publicly traded project services firms in the US.
• Business Development Advisor to CEO and the Board of an US energy company for their entry in developing a portfolio of power generation projects in Texas and Overseas. Conducted conceptual feasibility studies for a 50MW solar based IPP in Texas ERCOT market and Middle East and Western India.
• Led and participated in all phases of utility scale power projects in US and abroad include project siting, technology selection, commercial and technical development necessary to secure PPA and transmission agreement, site permitting, negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts (including vendor selection), financial modeling and analysis, project finance structuring and debt/equity financing.
• Commercial advisor to wind, solar, and gas based power project developers in California, Texas, India, Pakistan and UAE.
• Active contacts with senior management of major investor owned utility companies regarding integration of wind and other alternative energies in their asset development portfolio. Identified specific PPA opportunities for over 200MW solar based projects.
• Strategic advisor to over 70 US and international investment funds on global wind and solar energy industry and sectoral investment opportunities. Confidential briefing to private equity funds on renewable energy industries. Advisor and moderator of Wind Sessions at the Clean-Tech conference in San Francisco in November, 2008 and a private teleconference in 2008.
• Promoter of “first of a kind” solar-gas –desalination” project in United Arab Emirates for local private investor group and for a 1000MW concentrated solar power generation venture in US and India.
• Strategic advisor for equity finance for owners of a $120 Million wind power project in Asia.
• Led development, construction finance, and commercial operation of 24x0.95MW Suzlon wind turbine generators (WTGs) for private developers in the Midwest leading Suzlon to attract venture capital and to go public in less than 1 year with $3+billion market capitalization.
• Negotiated wind power purchase agreements with major utility companies and electric coops in the Midwest, Texas and California. Advised a Texas wind project developer on wind turbine vendor selection and on Engineering. Procurement and Construction contracts
• Pursued reneable power project development in California addressing transmission and grid system risk allocation between purchaser versus wind and bio-mass power projects; as well as determining financiblility of PPA.
• Optimized monetary value of wind attributes in form of green tags, renewable energy certificates and/or emission credits from wind energy between owner and power purchaser.
• Interfaced with Regional System operators like CAL ISO, ERCOT, BPA, MISO, and WAPA on transmission and interconnect applications and related studies for new grass roots wind and other renewable projects..
• Secured first-of-a-kind warranty insurance from a major global insurance giant for Suzlon’s wind turbine sales in North Americas
Utility Industry: As the Managing Director and Board Member of a $200Million investor owned integrated electric utility company in India:
• Led the turnaround of this vertically integrated Indian electric utility company serving 1.0+ million urban customers with 5,000+ employees, 490 MW of generation, and over US$200 million annual turnover.
• Developed marketing programs to retain and promote industrial and commercial large scale energy consumers in the utility company’s territories.
• Created first of a kind Customer Call Center, first of a kind in India involving training of over 400 employees over a period of 12 months.
• Launched an electric vehicle transportation program in Ahmedabad, India to reduce pollution and to use Off-peak power from the utility company;
• Campaigned first of a kind tariff application with the newly created Electric Regulatory Commission;
• Positioned the company to participate in a 1000MW new clean energy power plant to improve long term supplies;
Independent Power Generation: As the Managing Director- Asia of one of the ten largest US utility company’s entry in international power business by completing one of the largest and competitive $100+ million industrial co-generation power project in India and pursued opportunities in Asia and the Middle East:
• Developed strategies and conducted joint project developments with EdF (France), ENEL (Italy), National Grid (The UK), China Light & Power (Hong Kong), and PowerGen (The UK) for Reliant Energy in pursuing investments in power projects and distribution properties worldwide.
• Formed a JV with International Finance Corp (IFC) and local partner to develop Asia’s largest Needle Coke / Power co-generation project;
• Achieved financial closing involving promoters’ equity, IFC and a public issue of its equity as well as debt from IFC and Indian banks.
June 2004 – Current: Trans Wind Energy LLC / Trans Global Energy LLC – President and Owner
March-August 2009: Tetra Tech EC Inc. Director Business Development – Wind & Utilities
June 2001-May 2004: Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation – Founding CEO, Board Member
1999-2001: Ahmedabad Electricity Company – Managing Director, Board Member
1995-1998: Reliant Energy Corporation/Houston Industries – Managing Director-Asia
1992-1995: Pace Consultants, Jacobs Engineering – Group International Manager
1973 MIM - American Graduate School of International Management, Glendale, Arizona.
1967 – 1969 - MS, Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University -Ames, Iowa
1964-1967 - BS, Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University – Ames, Iowa
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
American Wind Energy Association
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.