1145 13th Place SW * North Bend, Washington 98045
Phone: 425-888-2205 Cell: 425-445-9542 Email: dgates64[at]aol.com
Successful and accomplished natural gas professional with a proven record for increasing sales and market share while providing exceptional account management and follow-through. Consistently maintained established relationships with counter-parties while identifying market opportunities to increase revenues and improve margin contributions. Extensive background in the natural gas industry with areas of expertise that include:
Industrial Gas Supply * Gas Distribution Services * Asset Management * Origination * Natural Gas Marketing and Trading * Natural Gas Transportation and Scheduling * Land, Lease and Title
* Built industrial retail sales portfolio from start-up to profitability in one year as part of a three-person team, contributing multiple accounts with multi-year contracts from individual efforts through October 2009.
* Generated $1.6 MM in sales margin for account management and contract origination for 2007, with an additional $300,000 contribution as part of the core asset mitigation, while leading the Account Manager Team to a total sales margin contribution of $3.5 MM and an additional $400,000 contribution as part of the core asset mitigation; building on increased market share to improve portfolio by 300% over a three year period.
* Originated over $950,000 in sales margin for account management and contract origination for 2006, with an additional $200,000 contribution as part of the core asset mitigation as beginning of program to increase market share on small portfolio.
* Managed and directed team for Defense Energy Support Center (DESC) contracting effort, leading and coordinating the drive that resulted in a three-year natural gas supply contract award for the US Military valued at $58.5 MM beginning October 2005 and awarded Employee of the Quarter.
United Energy Trading, LLC * Redmond, WA
Manager, Gas Markets
August 2008 to October 2009
Working manager position with book of business and major industrial account responsibility.
* Origination and customer prospecting
* Negotiation, contracting, and coordination of natural gas supply proposals with large industrial accounts
* Initiation and implementation of customer hedging programs.
* Management and maintenance of newly developed customer accounts.
Cascade Natural Gas Corporation/CGC Energy, Inc. * Seattle, WA
Manager, Major Accounts
December 2006 to July 2008
Major Accounts Manager, Energy Services
February 2004 to December 2006
Attained management level with two Major Accounts Managers as direct reports while contributing industry knowledge, natural gas expertise, and account management skills to the utility.
* Supervised, mentored and coached team while designing and launching natural gas sales plans and programs, creating deal structures, and engaging in team strategies.
* Designed and directed appropriate metrics for team sales plan.
* Negotiated, contracted, and managed individual natural gas supply efforts with large industrial accounts, including distribution service and hedging programs.
* Initiated acceptance of SalesForce CRM sales tool, guided team training and customization.
* Strengthened team by active involvement with hiring and assessment process, including interviewing and decision making for new team members and performance reviews.
Samson Investment Corporation; Samson Resources Company * Tulsa, OK
Mid-Marketing Representative, Production Marketing
April 2003 to February 2004
Started-up and developed new marketing focus by:
* Formulating and implementing marketing plan for mid-marketing effort, targeting specific market segments, customers, and regions.
* Negotiating, contracting, and coordinating longer-term natural gas supply contracts with emphasis on end-use customers.
* Conducting internal instructional seminars to enable new team members to understand and assist in mid-marketing efforts.
Williams Energy Marketing & Trading Company * Tulsa, OK
Asset Manager, Natural Gas
January 2002 to June 2002
Transport & Storage Account Manager, Origination
February 2000 to January 2002
August 1996 to February 2000
Originated and negotiated long-term, structured transactions for service to power generation tolling arrangements as well as strategic natural gas positions consisting of:
* Enhancement and improvement of lateral and fuel supply agreements, including actively managing contracts for additional revenue opportunities.
* Developing coordination, communication and training process with the natural gas trading and operations/scheduling groups.
* Interpretation and resolution of natural gas technical issues.
Set-up and managed transportation book for Gulf Coast Trade Desk involving:
* Natural gas supply, transportation, and balancing agreements
* Natural gas storage leasing
* Pipeline expansion projects
* Development of Transportation Book through bidding and negotiating monthly and seasonal natural gas transportation positions
* Maximization, segmentation and management of transportation positions
* Monthly and daily natural gas cash trading
ADDITIONAL CAREER BACKGROUND
Phillips Petroleum Company (ConocoPhillips) * Bartlesville, OK * Houston, TX
Eastern Region Marketing and Transport Representative
April 1994 to August 1996
West Region Gas Marketing Representative
June 1991 to April 1994
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Marketing
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.