Manage and direct a Manufacturing organization where my talents and abilities transforming an organization into aworld-class and aprofitable organization will be utilized.
DENNIS R. OSTROWSKI
WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/IN/DENNISOSTROWSKI MANUFACTURING â–ª VICE PRESIDENT OF MANUFACTURING
Eleven years as Vice President of Manufacturing for a $22M organization growing, developing, and continuously improving operations into a world-class entity, providing high-efficiency heating and air conditioning product lines to the global markets. In a turnaround, led the operations from a $500K deficit to $1.5M profit and sustained profitability for each successive year. Reduced variances by $170K annually and controlled spending to 90% of budgets, every year since. Six lucrative years as a Manufacturing Consultant, securing long-termed contracts, leading a division of a $53M organization improving operations and reducing costs to achieve $1.9 (EBIT) and increased market share an additional 10%. Directed and managed a start-up, for a $22M manufacturing company, of high-efficiency consumer products, product line adding $3M in revenues and achieving 35% margins during the first year of operation.
D.R. OSTROWSKI & ASSOCIATES â€“ Scottsdale, Arizona
2004 - Present
Directed and managed all manufacturing operations, securing long-term contracts, (between 13 months to 2 years per organization), while maintaining a six-figure income, with companies generating revenues ranging from $12 million to $55 million within the Western United States. Oversaw seven direct reports with overall responsibility of 320 employees. Reported to President and CEO of each organization.
* Delivered profits of $1.9M while increasing revenues from $4M to $12M and increasing market share by 10%, through directing and transforming of a division into a world-class operation, implementing new innovative processes and state-of-the-art automated equipment.
* Generated $3M in revenues, in start-up application, delivering strong ROI and first year profitability with directing the daily manufacturing and SCM operations of a new, high-efficiency heating and air conditioning residential and commercial product line.
* Implemented lean production programs that led to $1.3M improvement in direct labor efficiency.
* Revamped the supply chain process resulting in a 30% reduction in raw materials and adding $1M directly to the bottom line. Implemented ERP/QAD MRP program; negotiated pricing with key vendors and established JIT (Just-In-Time) programs.
GOETTL AIR CONDITIONING, INC. â€“ Phoenix, Arizona 1989 - 2004
$22M U.S. subsidiary of Castle & Cooke, a global producer and distributor of high-efficiency heating and air conditioning equipment for both residential and commercial applications with 130 union employees.
Vice President of Manufacturing (1993 â€“ 2004)
Grew and improved the operations from a $12M to $22M directed all manufacturing operations for company manufacturing sheet metal, metal finishing, and assembly processes with more than 130 union employees, managing operating budgets in excess of $8.7 million.
Strategic Business Planning:
* Guided the operations from a $500K net loss position to a $1.5M profitable operation within 30 months.
* Maintained less than a 2% increase in-group benefit costs. Negotiated labor agreements that delivered balanced and fair compensation / benefit packages to all employees.
Dennis R. Ostrowski Page 2
* Added $170K to bottom line profit by controlling expenditures through matrices management and through the elimination of non-value added manufacturing processes.
* Launched LEAN initiatives that saved more than $1M within two years. Saved $125K annually and cut costs an average of $10.05 per unit through process automation and renegotiation of vendor pricing.
* Reduced inventory $450K through JIT implementation. Additionally, reduced the number of vendors from 120 to 50, which resulted in higher discounts, improved delivery, and enhanced quality.
* Reduced safety accidents and environmental incidents by 99%, a company record, saving $250K.
Acquisitions / Mergers / Startup:
* Generated $5.25M in revenues (with $750K EBIT) through developing and managing manufacturing teams that designed and produced a high efficiency appliance product line for an Asian Corporation.
* Acquired a high efficiency, multi-position, central heating product line and successfully introduced into production that generated revenues in excess of $500K per year with a 35% gross margin profit.
* Led the design effort, adding sales revenues exceeding $7M (with $1.5M EBIT). This effort produced the industryâ€™s first high-efficiency air conditioning product line, with a 13 SEER operational rating.
* Developed an alternative energy use heating and air conditioning product line in collaboration with the Department of Energy and Southwest Gas Corporation. Resulted in $1.5M in incremental sales revenues (with $500K EBIT).
* Oversaw the specification and construction of a $1.25M ASHRAE-approved testing and compliance facility, resulting in R & D savings that equaled $780K per year.
* Reduced warranty claims $50K by installing an automated product verification and operation excellence system that performed compliance testing on all products.
Project Manager (1989 â€“ 1993)
Directed all manufacturing, capital equipment expenditures, process and cycle time improvements, distribution, scheduling, purchasing and new facility design and start-up. Managed 65 union employees and 4 production lines. Annual operating budget: $6.2 million; capital budget: $3.5 million. Reported directly to President / CEO.
* Oversaw design and construction of a 183,000 square foot corporate, service and manufacturing facility; new location reduced overhead cost variances and saved $750K annually.
* Managed the design and installation of a state-of-the-art powder paint finish system, which reduced warranty claims and added $250K directly to the bottom line.
* Improved processes through the acquisition of many automated, computer-controlled metal fabrication equipment and systems, all of which delivered ROIâ€™s within two years.
Williams Furnace Company - Colton, California
Director of Manufacturing
International Metals Products - Phoenix, Arizona
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Arts / Industrial Management - Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota
Degree in Progress: MBA Program, Executive Management, W. P. Carey School of Business
Coursework: Architectural & Urban Development Studies - Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Certification: Financial Management - University of California, San Diego
Certification: Excellence in Leadership - University of Wisconsin, Madison
NukeJobs is a nuclear jobs board that provides nuclear job seekers access to international directories of Nuclear Employers, Nuclear Resumes and Nuclear Jobs such as Nuclear Engineer Jobs, Nuclear Construction Jobs, Nuclear Power Plant Jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Nuclear Pharmacy Jobs, Nuclear Security Jobs, Nuclear Physics Jobs, Nuclear Reactor Jobs, Nuclear Material Jobs, Nuclear Safety Jobs, and Nuclear Waste Jobs.