WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE CENTRAL PLATEAU RISK MANAGEMENT RADIOLOGICAL CONTROL TEAM!
At CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC), located in sunny Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Central Plateau Risk Management (CPRM) Radiological Control (RadCon) team is seeking a dynamic Radiological Control First Line Manager who has the ability to lead by example, resolve issues at multiple levels, and act strategically with the utmost integrity. The CPRM RadCon First Line Manager is responsible for implementing a safe, effective, and compliant Radiation Protection Program within the assigned project. Our mission is protect people, the environment and the public! If you are a qualified professional who enjoys working in challenging environments, we want to talk to you!
A day in the life of a Radiological Control First Line Manager involves:
* Provide daily direction, guidance, supervision, and oversight to bargaining unit Radiological Control Technicians supporting the CPRM organization
* Assist in planning work and scheduling resources to implement appropriate radiological controls for work activities, including High Hazard work such as Canyon Mitigation and Demolition preparation for various unmanned facilities
* Address bargaining unit concerns and grievances. Work with bargaining personnel in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and interface with Labor Relations and Human Resources to resolve issues, as necessary
* Interface with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering to safely and efficiently accomplish the facility's mission in a safe and radiologically compliant manner
* Provide radiological work planning support and address technical or safety related issues as necessary
* Performs work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner
* BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 years' related experience, or H.S. diploma/GED plus 10 years' DOE/Nuclear Field experience, or HS diploma/GED plus Journeyman level craft, plus 6 years' related experience
* Experience working with multi-disciplined groups to resolve operational, maintenance and repair problems
* Experience working with bargaining personnel in accordance with a CBA
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Radiological Control First Line Manager qualification
* National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists certified
* Previous qualification as Hanford Senior Radiological Control Technician
* Two years' DOE radiological experience and 3 months onsite experience
* Knowledge of DOE Radiological Control Manual and 10 CFR 835
* Knowledge regarding the requirements/expectations of Voluntary Protection Program and the Integrated Environmental Safety and Health Management System
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CHPRC, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing!
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance!
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!